Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BearLakeMack
[Smile] Hey BLM are you still using your boat at Bear Lake? I'm just being nosey Bud, but I see that you're going out this weekend and it sounded like you were not going to be fishing from the shore. Do you ever put your boat up for the winter LOL? I'm thinking that I may have winterized a little early.

LMAO AFDan
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just got back 20 minutes ago from fishing with my boat. I do not winterize my boat until there is no open water on Bear Lake. Heck, if it doesn't freeze, I use it through the winter. The only thing colder then ice fishing is fishing from a boat a zero degrees! It was 22 degrees when I launched this morning! The marina is starting to freeze and when I came into the marina, I was hitting ice chunks with the boat.[/size][/font]
[signature]

AFDan52
If you don't winterize do be sure to drain the water. I froze my block 6yrs. ago NOT A PRETTY SITE.
[signature]
Oh I winterized my boat and motor alright, I was just thinking that I might have put it away a little too soon.

AFDan52
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you've got an outboard there is no reason not to use it. Even if you have an I/O it can be drained relatively quickly. RipNLips can drain his motor in 10 minutes at the launch on his I/O. You know, AFDan, they unwinterize in a hurry![Wink][/size][/font]
[signature]