Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-29-05
Fished willard after work today from 5:30 - 9:00 with my boss and the project engineer. Started out slow then we noticed the wipers where hitting the surface quite often. We changed our lures to some shallow runners and started hooking up. Caught a total of 7 wipers and 1 walleye. The wipers where fairly good sized. The smallest wiper was 18" and the largest 20.5" and the walleye was 17". The surface temperature was 72 degrees.
[signature]
Great report . But you are fishing just way to much lately .
[signature]
I'm not fishing too much its you who isn't fishing enough. Get ready for the berry this weekend. FishingPro40 can't make it so I guess its just us two if you are still going.
[signature]
I fished Willard today from about 5:00-7:30. Caught about 15 walleye, no wipers. Used bottom bouncers.

When I was launching, a boat was coming in. They had been out since 9:30 and hadn't caught a fish. Nice boat, though, a Ranger walleye boat with a big 4 stroke on it. When I came in, there was a boat pulling out, using the trolling motor to get back to the trailer. The gas motor wouldn't start, and to make things worse, the guy had put the plug into the wrong hole, so it was taking on water. Strange day.

[url "http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Paddler/Walleye.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Paddler/Walleye.jpg[/url]
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Wow, two great reports on the same thread. I've been thinking for a while now that surface lures should start working any time. Last Saturday we saw a wiper come all the way out of the water chasing something. I wonder if the shad are finally coming on. Thanks for the report Mike.
[signature]
[cool]Excellent reports MGB and Paddler! Man Paddler, it sounds like you really know how to get after them toothy critters while trolling. Were you just trailing a worm behind the bottom bouncer, or minnows, or what? Also, what is your favorite weight of choice on that bouncer?
[signature]
Thanks for the report Paddler, sound like a great afternoon on the bay. Were you pulling a worm harness behind the BB? If you were, what color blades did you use? Nice looking group of eyes. WH2
[signature]
I was using a 2 ounce bottom bouncer with a #3 Colorado chartreuse blade and orange beads. I don't think the color was too important.

They were real aggressive, bless their hearts. The water temp was 70F and they're hungry right now.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Mike I was out there tuesdy evening and slayed um too....kids and wife had a blast...big buck was in his boat and i dont think those guys got to sit much...seemed they were allways reallen one in...willards doen ok right now..hopen to get back out there tonight..still waiten for the musky pics tho? bye the way you should warn us whos picture is about to come up, when we click your fotos...them guys are a little hard on the eyes...plus that is very nice of you to let them hold your fish for a picture....I'll bet that made there whole day.....[sly]
[signature]
C'mon Randy, the only reason fishing and too much should be used in the same sentence is something like "I haven't been fishing too much lately." I think it is some kind of unpardonable English grammatical error to say you fish too much![Smile] I think we all need to go work where Mike does though, so we can get more time on the water![Wink]
[signature]
Nice job on some table fare there Paddler!
Was you trolling pretty quick or slow slow? Also wondering how deep you was working them? I like bottom bouncing around the Island but way earlier in the year. Looks like I better get up there soon.
[signature]
thats a good way to butter up the boss's isn't it? Just kidding nice fish
DZ
[signature]
TKB belive me I have a full time job. Some people think I don't work but I put in 45-50 hours a week but when I get off work I hustle up and get the boat on the water. Next spring I will be running a two year job at W.S.U and if you think I fish alot now wait untill next year when my two favorite waters are minutes away from the job site instead of an hour or more.

Skip I finally got Rod to go after he stood me up four or five times this year. It was cool watching him catch his first wiper. Robert has been going once a week with me and he has been getting into those wipers.
[signature]
Skip i have been skunked 4 times in a row at pineview and I might have lost my confidence, but the best muskie fishing is yet to come and there should be plenty of photos to share with you.

Let me know where and when you go fishing again.
[signature]
Going on 5 weeks without wetting a line is hurtin' real bad .I'm starting to get the jitters . I hope to sneak out this weekend . Maybe only at night when the crowds are a sleep .
[signature]
Thanks for the report,can't wait for the wiper boils to start!
[signature]
Great report and pics thanks for posting!
[signature]
[size 1]"Going on 5 weeks without wetting a line is hurtin' real bad"[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[black][size 3]Wow, Randy I can only imagine the pain that you must be going through! Hopefully, you will be able to get a fishing fix Saturday with Mike. [/size][/black]
[signature]
It has only been 4 weeks but feels like forever . I forgot about the wiper contest . LOL Not looking like I will be fishing this weekend either .
[signature]