Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Browns
Hit Jordanelle last week for a little camping and fishing, what a surprise. We started fishing on the morning of the 23rd and by Saturday night we had caught nearly 30 browns. Our biggest fish was a 23.5", 6lb 5oz brown caught by my brother in law, wow what a fish, this hog had at least 14 3-4" perch inside its belly, no wonder ther is such a perch shortage. We also caught 4 other browns that were around 5 lbs each, two less and two above. Fishing was kind of slow in the evenings but was much better in the early morning. I think that the warming water temps might have had something to do with it. I suspect that as the water gets warmer the brown action will slow way down. The water temps are still what they were on memorial day weekend when I trolled my nephew (hunt4bucks) over a 6lb brown.
The weather was kind of rough in the evenings so we didn't get out to much. Oh well what a week, spending time with my family was great, two of the 5 lb fish were caught by my father in law who hasen't had a fishing liscense, until now, as long as I've known him. What an awesome experience this was, watching his eyes light up when he set the hook and landed these toads. These memories will definately last a life time.
If anyone has hit Jordanelle in the summer, dose the warm water slow down the trout fishing. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh we caught the fish on perch pattern rapalas all along the east shore of the lake. FISH ON
[signature]
Congrats on the brown fishing trip. How deep were you fishing?

John
[signature]
Depth wasen't really a big factor, with as much structure as there is on the bottom it seemed that we were constantly going up and down with our lures. We caught fish in 8 - 40 feet of water
[signature]
From your last reply, can I assume you were trolling? Great report, I can't ever remember reading one that good from Jordanelle about browns. Most people are trying to catch bass there any more. Thanks for posting it. WH2
[signature]
So were you trolling rapallas or your nephew? I didn't know brown trout liked the human flavor.[Wink]
[signature]
Sick Minds think alike. I was laughing about that when I read it too!
[signature]
Where is Jordanelle located. Might have to give it a try if I ever make to Utah to fish. Tough to leave Idaho but it sounds fun catch them Brownies.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] What size were the Rapalas? Broken back or solid.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]