Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tofte/Lutsen Area
I am heading up that way in a few weeks. Does anybody have any recommendations for lakes or rivers to fish up in the area? Thanks.
[signature]
Sorry, I have no clue where that is. Wish I did. Sounds like a great time! Best of luck. Can't wait to read your reports, fish stories, and maybe even see a few pics.
[signature]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000066][size 3][#003300] [/#003300][/size][/#000066][/font][font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 3]Walleye bite best on Fish and Island lakes in 5-6 feet of water. Crawlers and leeches/slip bobbers best. Grand Lake crappie reports still coming in. Good numbers, average size 12-14 inches. On Caribou Lake, panfish are active with high numbers and good size. The northern fishing is picking up on Caribou and Grand. On Lake Superior, reports of salmon and trout being caught pulling spoons and stickbaits [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 3]Lake Superior walleye bite is great in the harbor, from the Bong Bridge down to the lake. Try crawler harnesses or crankbaits at the channel edge. The lake has been sporadic for trout and salmon, fish are looking for cooler water. The French River to the Knife River has been best while fishing the top 30 feet of water. Around Duluth, try using spoons 40-60 feet down. Action good on Island Lake for walleyes, with sorting size fish being caught. Fish 20 feet down with a crawler harness. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3].[/size][/font]
[signature]
[Smile] Thank you very much for the info. I am living in Germany and am so excited to go home for a couple of weeks and fish. I lived in northeast Minneapolis until I moved, and used to fish all of the time around the cities and up in the Brainerd area and Alexandria.

Thanks again. I will tell some stories and put up some pics (hopefully) when I get back here in about 3 weeks from now. I do have one quick stupid question that I was hpoing someone could answer for me. I know what a carolina rig is, but what is a texas rig? Does someone have a illustrated page or description so I could give this a try? I hear it works wonders.
[signature]
[Smile] [url "http://www.insideline.net/articles/rigging-guide.html"]http://www.insideline.net/articles/rigging-guide.html[/url]

.Enjoy, And if your in the arm forces , Thanks so very much !!

[signature]