Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 7-3-05
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] WOOOHOOOOO, I finally got the skunk off.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]My son and I decided to try Willard this evening. Got on the water about 7:15 pm, Went right to the Feedlot caught the first Wiper within 15 minutes. It was a dink about 14 inches maybe 1-1 1/2 lbs.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] On the way back through that same area, my son nailed a very fisty 16 inch Wiper that gave him quite a struggle. it was fun to watch him bring it in. Then right after he let it go I nailed a very nice 21 inch Walleye all in the same area. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] We were using the imfamous Producer in the White with Blue back, and White with Black back and a dressed tail hook. The water temp was 73 and we were trolling 2.5 -3.0 mph . The depth was between 10 -17 ft. We had a great afternoon and not as many boats on the water as I had thought. But the best part is the Skunk is gone.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Right on Dan! glad to here you got your skunk off.
[signature]
Nice! Now that the skunk is gone, you should be able to put the hurt on them!
[signature]
Congratulations Dan -- I know all too well how it feels to get rid of the Willard Skunk!
[signature]
I too hit willard last night. Took the fam out to the feedlot and caught 2 little ones. Then we went out by the island and caught a few more. We used the black and white and blue and white rattling producers with the black "lightning" marks on the side. We also got a couple on the perch divers. Ended up with 8 wipers and 1 walleye. The walleye was about 18"-20". He was lost at the net. Trolled between 3.0-4.0 mph. I think that I might have seen a couple of boils about sunset. I didn't see any water splashing but there were alot of backs sticking up and moving around. I couldn't get close enough to see what they were for sure. They could have been carp. We fished from 6:00 to 9:00pm. The fishing was pretty slow until that magic hour approached. On of my buddies that was out there had'nt caught a fish all day and once the clock struck 8 he ended up catching 6 or 7 before we left.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey Travis, were you in the aluminum boat with a lot of folks in it, last night? If it was you I was in the green boat that past you . Just wondering?[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Yeah I have an aluminum boat but there were only 4 of us in there (2 adults and 2 kids). I think I saw you out there though. I forgot to grab my radios this time.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I think we did see each other out there , i was the one that was wearing the floppy hat, and I think you saw the Walleye that I caught.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]