Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park
Was up in Island Park for the weekend of the 4th. Decided to spend more time with my family than fishing. Fished Island Park Res and Henry's Lake for a few hours each. I would have liked to fish the Henry's Fork but it is kind of hard to get excited about because of the drought. I was skunked at IP Res and caught a few at Henry's. Had another nice fish break a split ring at Henry's. I forgot to reset my drag after fighting the weeds.[crazy] There weren't very many guys catching fish at Henry's but the trollers seemed to have the best luck. The weeds have made trolling much more difficult in most of the lake. There is so much food for the fish to feed on in Henry's right now that it is difficult to get them to open their mouth. I saw a fair number of damsel flies swiming along the surface of Henry's. I don't plan on fishing Henry's the rest of the summer but I think this will be a good fall at Henry's. I would like to fish the Damsel flies at Henry's but have too many other things I would also like to do.
[signature]