Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Willard report 07/08
Petty4life and I fished Willard last night from 5:30 to 9:30, water temp was 78 when we arrived and went down to 75 before we left. There were a lot of people out there trolling and casting, once the boils started. The wipers were all over the surface tearing the shad up and we were able to put the electric motor down and get right in there. The wipers were popping the surface and even jumping out of the water as they chased the shad, it was a awesome site. I don't remember seeing the wiper boils this early in the season before, it usually happens in the fall. The main part of the boil was over in ten minutes but the surface activity went on for close to 30 minutes. We ended the day with 5 wipers and three walleye, it should have been more if I had brought my kastmaster lures but it was still a fun way to spend the evening. WH2
[signature]
BIOLS,Wow it is early for them,it sounds like the shad are doing fine,and you guys did well,it sounds like fun,Did you get any pics of the action?
I may be able to get out this afternoon if anyone wants to tag along,
later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
I sure thought about taking a picture but was more concerned about throwing some lures before I missed the action. Sure wish I could join you this afternoon but I'm leaving for work in a few minutes. Hope you have fun and good luck.
[signature]
Sure sounds like a lot of fun! I've yet to witness a boil, as usually this time of year I'm busy with getting ready for the big archery hunt, but I'm gonna have to get out there and see one.
[signature]
thanks for the trip curt. was an awesome trip
[signature]