Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It took a while...
[#00008b]A friend and I were supposed to be in Destin Florida today for Red Snapper fishing in the gulf ! Obviously the trip was cancelled since everyone including the boat captain were heading out of dodge from the soon to arrive "Dennis". [/#00008b] [left][#00008b]So instead of yesterday being our drive day to Florida, we went to Lake Lanier. Make a L.S.S.... it was my best day for Striped Bass EVER! We had our limit in less than 3 hours.... (4 fish) and for me and my lil' ol 16ft Bayliner... this was a great day! [Smile][/#00008b][/left]
[#00008b] [/#00008b]
[#00008b]I'll try to attach pics soon.[/#00008b]
[signature]
13.5 lb'er....
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Glenn, good move, staying close to home and going fishing. Nice pic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Are there many lakes in Georgia with stripers in them? Ever been north to Santee Cooper?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the future, you can use the EDIT button to add a picture or change something you wanna change.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I fished Lake Marion near Sante Cooper for big blue cats, that's the place for em'. My buddy boated a 38 lb'er one December.

I fish in local ponds in GA for bream and bass, and also Lake Lanier for Stripers.

Good fishin' to ya! [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you are an equal opportunity fisherman. Me too. I love 'em all. But, I think I am partial to rasslin' big flatheads. I have caught some bigguns from my float tube. Can you say "gettin' up on plane"?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice striper! Do you live in the Gainesville area? I grew up fishing lake lanier. Its bad to see how many recreational boaters are on the lake now. We used to take a jonboat out with a trolling moter, but that would be about suicidal out their now. Anyways Im trying to get some people more active on here and would love to hear more post from you. I have big fish stickers also and would be more than glad to send some out. Just PM me if you want some.

Matt
[signature]
I know what you mean about "suicidal" with the john boat. LOL Even when I fish the inlet in my smaller bass tracker, i'm constantly looking for the lone ranger that doesn't know how to work his throttle. I almost got swamped last year 100 yards from the landing by a dumby in a bigger boat. This guy did it infront of the DNR, and he got his shortly afterwards. People don't pay attention to the "NO WAKE" with in 100' of an anchored boat or someone fishing.
[signature]
I was on Pineview in utah a few years back and saw a lady in a BIG bayliner actually hit some guys in one of those big rubber rafts. It was one with the hard bottom and about a 40 hp outboard. They were on their side and luckely righted it. I thought I was going to be helping pull bodies out the water. We got up next to her yelling and cussing but she never turned her head, like maybe she knew she did it and didnt care? Thats why I stick to the small ponds and creeks where noone else will venture due to all the gators and cottonmouths. I catch just as big of fish and would rather deal with wild boars than crazy recreational boaters.
[signature]
LOL, luckily, I have a bigger boat too! If someone comes by too quick when i'm in that one, i'll chase them down, trim up the motor, and give them a bath. LMAO!! [sly] These are pictures of my two boats:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1702/cat/500/ppuser/14478"][Image: bb2.JPG][/url] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1701/cat/500/ppuser/14478"][Image: bb1.JPG][/url] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1700/cat/500/ppuser/14478"][Image: lb1.JPG][/url]

Just click on the picture for a larger view. [cool]
[signature]
Nice boats, I cant wait untill we get the ga/sc get together going and we can get out on the water!
[signature]
[cool] It will be pretty cool. It seems all the Utah and Cali guys are having all the fun. We'll make something happen on the East Coast for a change. [Smile]
[signature]