Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo on a Sat. afternoon - BIG mistake!!!
[crazy]Mrs. W2D and I hauled the boat up to Echo today about 3:00pm for an afternoon of fishing - what a freaking zoo!!! Then again, it was our 1st trip to the reservoir, so maybe it was situation normal.

The launch area at Echo Resort was a parking nightmare, with many rigs were parked out along the east-side lake road. With the wind, the ski-wakes, and the fact that Mrs. W2D is still working on her boating/trailering skills, we headed home and decided to try again another day.

Never did get close enough to see the ramp - what's that like? Mrs. W2D has been spoiled by the South Marina facilities at Willard Bay - easiest launching in N. Utah - but we thought we would try something less buggy for a change.

Next time we decide to try Echo, we're thinking a Sunday morning or a Wednesday afternoon or evening.

Is this place always so crowded!?!?

Thanks,
W2D
[signature]
Yeah, it usually is a complete zoo by 9am at Echo. I usually get there around 6am and out by noon. Lately I have found that it is much more enjoyably to drive another 15 minutes and go to Rockport. Usually I have about the same success, but the crowds arent quite as bad and the launch facility is sooooo much better. Besides it is only 7.00 to launch at Rockport, and 10.00 to launch at Echo. They have a nice cleaning station at Rockport as well. Good Luck!
[signature]