Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KVD Line Lotion.
So, I had a bad couple of days this weekend with line. Friday I got broke off a couple times, had some twist and abrasion problems, and got spooled by some *#!*^! waterskiiers.

So, I decided it was way past time to play with some new line.
Anywho, I go to the candy store, and find that they have some new toys.

One of wich is Kevin VanDam's new line conditioner.

Now, I have never used any such thing before.
If I needed a little line lube, I just got out the old smelly jelly and gave it a once over.

But, I figure since I am going nuts with the line and stuff I might as well give it a try and see what happens.

Heres the statistical info on the stuff.
* Dramatically improves casting distance and control.
* Extends line life.
* Eliminates tangles and twist.
* No oily residue. (thats a surprising fact. I was totally impressed at how clean it is.)
* Anti corrosive properties protects gear.
* Makes 10 lb line perform like 8 lb line

So, I figure what the heck.

The bottle says it will give you about 30 ft more casting distance when used.

That was interesting. I would say if you are using fireline, you will get like 50 ft more casting distance. At least I did. I was amazed.

As for the rest of its claims, I will have to see. Only time will tell.

It doesnt have any instructions on the bottle, so I just spooled a little line on, sprayed the line on the spool, spooled a little more line on, sprayed the line on the spool, spooled a little more line on, sprayed the line on the spool, ect. until the spools were full.

So, correctly done or not, one thing is for sure, my line is WELL treated with that stuff.

I only did 5 reels, and still have more to do, but will wait and see how it performs on these five.

I imagine that one bottle will last two or three years because I applied the stuff pretty liberally, and didnt hardly make a scratch. Its still full.

So, anyone had any expirience with line conditioners?
What do you think?
[signature]