Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teton River-Report
As I was heading out of town last week to a wedding in Denver I noticed that the Teton River had dropped and was ready to fish. When I got back I talked to Kingfisheral who had already taken advantage of the low water. He did well and so I was excited to try the river. On Monday night I took my son and my pontoon down to for a short float from Teton Lakes golf course bridge to the Zollinger bridge. We had gone a couple hundred yards when the welds on my pontoon broke and so my float was inoperable. (No jokes about my weight please. It was rust from inside the tubing[crazy]) We fished the first 1/4 mile of so and caught a beautiful 20" brown and 5 chubs. On Wednesday I took the canoe and the whole family down to the same place. The river had dropped another two feet we caught tons of chubs and one small 10" cutt. The river has almost stopped moving and I believe that most of the trout have already been caught or have headed back down to the Snake. The lower Teton is a tricky thing you have to hit it as soon as it drops in order to do really well. I wish that they would have a minimum flow rule like they do on many other rivers. It is a shame that it goes dry every year now. Thanks for the reports from around the state. Good luck everyone.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]