Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat help
My neighbore has an old boat, about a 16' . Im not sure of the year but what I do know is, it has a wooden hull. The has had it out in the weather uncovered and has not done anything with it for 3 years. It looks ok.
Heres the deal. Boat, motor, and trailer, $300

I just wanted some input from all of you. Do you think it would be worth it. Even if I had to spend 500-$700 more to get it sea worthy?

When I get more info I will post it.

Law
[signature]
ok... heres the way I would approach this, what motor does it have? does it run?
The motor (if running) may be worth quite a bit and the trailor maybe a couple hundred also.
even if the boat itself isn't worth it the parts are and theres always someone with a boat and a blown motor that they want to sell cheep.
DZ
[signature]
Thanks bro.

I am going to ask questions for sure.

Im still trying to convince my wife that it's a great deal. And since her co-worker looks at this site (Nate HELP) I might beable to get it.
[signature]
It sounds like you allready think you want it so I'll try not to say anything bad about it. Yea you need more information, year and make of motor, merk is number 1. or mariner. Anything older than 10 years will probably be hard to find parts for. A wooden boat and old trailer ought to be free, unles the boat is mahogeny, or something good looking, Rember, the acronim BOAT stands for Bring Out Another Thousand $ and the two happiest days in a mans life are the day he gets his boat, and the day he gets rid of his boat. Sorry about all the negitivity, I guess I"ve one too many bad experiences, I"m still out there though I guess I never learn. One piece of advice I know is sound, if at all posible, take it out before you buy it and see if you really like it.
[signature]
The wife, kids and I are going over to look today.
I have my mind set on a boat maybe not that one, but as God as my whitness I will Have one...[laugh]

I know what you mean though. My cousin bought one and we enjoyed it for a bit then stuff started goin out on it.. like REVERSE, and on the high end it would cut out real quick then engage again. Spent almost a grand to get er goin then other things happend.

So ya Bro, i know what ya mean.

Law
[signature]
[cool] as of late i have seen 3 + boats for less than 1,000 all may be a lot of work good luck....
[signature]
To All.................

NO WAY !!!!

That thing is a ROT bucket !!!!!

I woulden't put my worst enemy in it.... well maybe I would.

This thread is dead now.....

Law
[signature]