Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitch Creek/Teton River -Report
I had a wonderful evening fishing with Fight4not around Felt Idaho. We started at Bitch Creek, but the fish were not cooperative. I do not know what was going on but we could not get a fish to our flies for anything. We tried nymphs and dries. Usually Bitch Creek is a pretty easy creek to fish.

Then we went to the power plant road/trail to go into the Teton Canyon. When we got to the power plant there was someone nymphing in the first hole. He was doing pretty well and brought in 4 or 5 fish while we were putting our waders on. Since we had no luck at Bitch Creek we decided to use garden hackle to start off with on the Teton. The water is perfect for this type of fishing where the water boils out of the plant. We quickly landed several small cutts and cuttbows. Then we headed down stream to fish Rapalas in the deeper holes. This fishing trip soon turned into an adventure when the current ripped the soles off of my cheap wading boots. I could not believe that there was not a stitch in the entire boot. It was all glued together. They lasted 7-8 years but in a matter of moments the bottoms just ripped off. So I had to tender foot it around on the rocks. I tried to go barefoot but I slipped on the moss too much. So I just walked carefully so that I didn't tear any big holes in my waders. Fight4not caught a couple of pretty fish at the confluence of badger creek with dry flies and we both caught plenty of smaller cutts and cuttbows on Rapalas. It is pretty exciting to get the fish to come out of the boiling water around the large boulders in the canyon.

As the sun was setting I added another exciting element to the trip by swallowing a horsefly. The fly was buzzing around and my stomach just couldn't take it so I started to have the dry heaves until all my joints hurt and we still had the hike up out of the canyon.

All in all it was a great day with good company. Fight4not can tell his own version of this story which may or may not reflect the events that I have noted.[cool]
[signature]
As windriver said this past week we had a great night fishing. It was a lot of fun. That was the first time I had been into the teton canyon. What a beautiful place. The fishing was pretty good. But I thought windriver was going to die. After he swallowed that fly I had no idea how we were going to make it out of that canyon especially with limited water to drink and a long hike ahead of us. Some how we made it and when we came out of the canyon that moon was awesome. It's times like those that I love fishing so much. I love being out of the city experiencing all the beauty that this earth has to offer. Any ways thats about it. Thanks again Windriver. It was fun and we'll have to take a full day and explore that canyon better when your feet heal. HAHAHA
Fight4not
[signature]
As always thanks for the report. It is always interesting to here about local waters even if I don't plane on fishing them any time soon.
[signature]