Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass fishing
Hi all,
I'm new to bft, I've been reading the posts for a while and finally decided to join. By the way thanks for all the useful tips and reports. I love the trout fishing around here but every once in a while I want to find a different fish to catch, namely bass. Does anyone know of any good spots to go bass fishing that are relatively close?
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. It would be easier to help you if we knew where you lived[cool]. Bass fishing in the Rexburg area is limited to Ririe Res and sometimes Mudlake if it didn't winter kill. Give us a little more info and we will try to help you.

Windriver
[signature]
I guess specifying where "here" is would be a good idea. I'm in the rexburg area. How is mudlake this year? Would it be worth a trip?
[signature]
Welcome to BFT ivman!
It is great to see new people signing up. The more people we have posting here the more all of us can benifit. If there are any other lurkers out there please sign up and start posting. No one expects you to post a report about all the places you fish. I probably only post a report for one out of every 5 or 10 times that I go fishing. You will also find that other who post here are willing to share better info through PMs (personal messages).

Like windriver said there aren't many places to fish for bass around Rexburg. Mud Lake had a bad winter kill a couple years ago. There were still a few LMB in there but there future didn't look very bright. The F&G with the help of a local bass club planted more largemouths in there about a year ago. I've never fished it for largemouths but know several guys that do. Generally they put in a lot of time for only a few fish. Mud gets real weedy at this time of the year. Fishing from a boat would almost be manditory at Mud Lake.

There are a few smallmouths in the Snake River starting just downstream of Idaho Falls. As a general rule of thumb there are more smallmouths the farther down stream you go.
[signature]