Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Canyon
Well me and the Wife on a whim threw togeather a quick camp trip lastnight (Saturday) and headed up American Fork Canyon. She has lived here all her life and had only been as far as Timp Cave. I looked at her and said " Well then, Now Welcome to my world".

I drove her up to silver lake flat (past tible fork for those of you who aren't familure) and she was just in AWE !!
Saw a deer on the way up and I was kickin my self because I forgot the camera!!!

I was planning on staying up there but the Wife pointed out "Day use only, no camping." Wanted to shoot myself cuz you used to beable to camp there.
We drive back down and it was dark now. Tryed pulling into Little Mill camp ground but of course being a Utah holliday is was full... Remember now, this all has to do with Laws luck!
I wanted to take a chance and go back up to Silver Lake Flat, but knowing my luck I would get another stupid ticket for something stupid. Instead the Wife said, "Lets just pull off in a picnic area and stay there.," Sounded good to me. Backed into an area just up from Timp cave. rolled out the egg carton mattress and the bags in the back of the truck and that's where we had a glass of wine and soluted the moon...CHEERS !

Got up the next morning and headed back up the canyon (left fork) found another picnic spot and jumed out to make breakfast.....
In our hurry to get out of the house we forgot to bring eating utenciles. We did bring the BBQ, turing tongs, and a small pan, oh ya and lots of food... but not finger food. Then, while looking for something to use for a plate or fork, guess what I found... The DA** camera ! DOH !!!!
Me and the Wife just laughed !

I brought some worms with me and did some fishin in the river. 20 + fish I caught within 2 hours. I was tausing them all back cuz they were all 10" or under, but I was having a blast. BUT, s stupid planter bow sucked one down into the throught!!! I had no choice but to keep the little guy. I then had to force my self to catch atleast 2 more Browns (10") just to make a small meal out of them.
I have to say, I hated doing it, but it just wasen't worth taking 1 little dink home.

We didn't want to come back so early but a thunder head spoke to us in great anger... Wife said, "Were outta here!"

Now were home, happy, and tired.
I hope all of you that don't have to work Monday are having a great time.
Unfortunaly I have to work[pirate]

Law
[signature]
Law

Thanks for the report. More and more they are restirting were you can camp. I can remember when I was a kid we never had to pay for camping. Now it seems as they develop campgrounds they make rules that you can't camp anywhere else in the area. As always you write a amusing report. Thanks
[signature]
Hi Law,

Nice report. AF Canyon was one of my favorite places to camp years ago, but now I think it stays pretty much full (crowded). When the kids were home we would take the canoe and fish Tibble Fork and Silver Lake Flat. We camped at Granite Flats and Little Mill. We also explored old mines farther up. We were living in Centerville at that time.
[signature]
Three quick questions for anyone familiar with AF canyon:

1) How much is the fee to go up the canyon?

2) How much is the fee for the campgrounds?

3) How do you reserve a campground up there?

Anyone know?

lurechucker
For #1: I believe it is $3 to go up the canyon and it lasts for 3 days.
[signature]
I'm glad to hear that the river is getting regular stockings again. For a few years there it seemed like it was particularly hard to get any rainbows in there.

Be careful how many of those browns you eat. I don't know if the arsenic warning has been lifted yet, but they're the same fish that would have been affected.
[signature]