Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7/25
Well got up early today and met up with MGB for a jigging trip at strawberry,I wouid like to say first that he is a great guy and knows his stufff when it comes to jigging daberry's cutts,We caught around 20 fish all cutts and all were close to the upper end of the slot except one.that fish was 24 inch cutt that wieghed 4.3 lbs.It was a great day to be on the water and it made it better to have great company.
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
Great day on the water, very little W untill 3:00 and nice cool temperatures. It was one of my least productive days at the berry, its a good thing Tony picked up the slack catching at least 2 to my 1. The fish where hitting extra soft just lifting the jig most of the time or one quick tap, you had to be on your toes to hook them. That was a nice cutt Tony caught plus he caught another nice one that was 22".

It was good fishing with you Tony.

SkippyTheLurker, it wasn't a zoo at the berry today. I didn't think it was any worse than any other weekend. And buy the way Skip I do have a real job.
[signature]
Try fishing at night, it can be alot of fun right up to Labor day. No crowds. Put a battery operated latern on the back of the boat and the big'uns will come up.

[signature]
Nice fish and report . Mike knows his stuff there . I can't believe I haven't been up there much this year but hope to change that soon .
[signature]
i was there saturday. it was much busier on saturday the 16th! it really surprised me. did the rain lift on saturday afternoon? we left early, and im kind of regretting it now. glad you had a good trip!
[signature]
Sounds like a nice day on the lake. Those are some nice looking fish! I hope to get to Strawberry one of these days. I've heard a lot of good things about it lately, but I've never fished it.
[signature]
When we got there Monday morning 7/25 it looked like it had been raning Sunday night.

There wasn't any more people there than a typicl weekday which surprised me.
[signature]
[signature]
Nice "above slotters!" Hey, what kind of jig? Plastic, maribou? Colors? I hear black is good. I have only been once this year... at ice off and expected it to be "really hot" and only picked up 15 or so. I used spoons and Rapalas. I may have to try a different technique some time! You jig on the bottom, suspended? I suppose depth depends upon time of year.
[signature]