Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Warm River -Report
Fished for about 3 hours Saturday night on the upper end of Warm River. We caught 18 small brookies on dry flies. The fish did seem a bit spookier then normal because there were a lot of fishermen hitting the small streams. I love those small brookies. They are so beautiful and it is a place that my young kids can learn to fly fish and enjoy wading no matter how many we catch. All in all it was a pleasant evening.

Windriver
[signature]
Weclome to BFT. I hope you come back often and register a user name. Here's a link to register. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_signup"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_signup[/url]

The Warm River is about a hour drive to the NE of Idaho Falls. In my opinion the upper Warm River is everything but the bottom 5 or 6 miles of the Warm River. When you get up higher on the warm river it is only the size of a creek. There are a number of creeks/rivers east of Ashton that you could explore. They all hold fish but for the most part will require some "bush wacking".
[signature]
I love the Warm River, it is one of my favorite places to fish.
[signature]
The Warm River Campground is stocked pretty often with rainbows I also catch a few browns near the camp ground. If you go higher up to the railroad bridge you will start to catch more brookies and then the higher you go the less rainbows and the more brookies you catch.

Windriver
[signature]
The Warm River Campground is outside of Ashton. Just go into Ashton and turn right on 47 which is the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway. Keep on that road until it goes into the canyon then you will come to a place where the highway goes up out of the canyon and fishcreek road splits off to the right. the campground is right on the river. If you do not want to pay to drive into the campground just park outside the campground and walk in a couple hundred yards. If you are flyfishing the fish can be caught throughout the campground area. If you are bait fishing the best place is right near the bridge or walk into the campground and fish off the handicap access boardwalk in the deep hole by the falls. There are a few other small holes that can be hit by wading and floating a worm through the hole. Early and late are always best at Warm River.

The upper Campground is called the Polebridge campground. You go past Messa Falls for a short ways and then take a right. It is about 6 miles on a dirt road? The fish are very small here and have been hit hard recently, but you might find some willing biters in the deeper holes.

Thanks

Windriver
[signature]