Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TUBE CHANGE?
HEY ALL I'M THINKING ABOUT A POSSIBLE TUBE CHANGE. THE FOLLOWING TUBES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME THRU A FRIEND WHO KNOWS A FRIEND, WHO KNOWS A FRIEND, ETC.[crazy]:

THE OUTCAST TRINITY FLOAT TUBE (WHICH DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE VERY MUCH STORAGE OR EVEN D-RINGS ON THE SIDES)
OR
THE CREEK COMPANY. ODC 420 OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CRAFT.

ALL THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, EXPERIENCE, ETC. ARE APPRCIATED

THANKS
AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As you are probably aware, the Trinity is Outcast's entry into the lighter weight packable tube market. They have a lot of Outcast goodies, but they have also cut some corners to pare down the weight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have not had a chance to kick around in the new model Creek craft, but it looks good and the specs are good. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.creekcompany.com/products/420-a-lr.jpg"][Image: 420-a.jpg][/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It looks to me like Creek has tried to crank out a Fat Cat imitator at a very reasonable price. I don't know what kind of price you are getting, but the list is about $160. That's over $100 less than a Fat Cat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know that design is good, because I have been using the Fat Cats for a couple of years. If you are over 200 pounds, you will love the flotation. I like the seat design on the ODC 420 better than Outcast. They have wimpy back rests that kill your back after a day on the water. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That's my input. Let us know which way you go.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
HEY TUBEDUDE THANKS FOR THE INPUT.....I AM LEANING TOWARDS THE ODC 420, I JUST TALKED TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO SWEARS BY IT AND FOR THE PRICE I CAN'T GO WRONG. THE TOGIAK CAMO PATERN TUBE I HAVE NOW HAS A 4 INCH RIP (WHICH I TRIED TO FIX WITH NO SUCCESS) AND IS BUSTING AT ALL THE SEAMS, NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH IT [mad]. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ONCE I GET THE ODC AND HIT THE WATER WITH IT.

THANKS

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just for the record, how old is the Togiak? They do come with a 1 year warranty against such problems. You might be able to get your money back. If not, then maybe your destiny was just that you had to make an upgrade.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think I am going to try to acquire an ODC 420 for "R&D". They look good, and the price is right. I have been touting Outcast stuff for a couple of years, because they have not had much real competition for design and quality...at least my opinion. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I do not own stock in Outcast, and I do not get commission for selling them, but I have probably helped sell a bunch of Fat Cats and Fish Cats. It would be good to be able to recommend something else that fits into more tubers' budgets, but still gives them a good craft. Outcast pricing has always been a major "choke" point.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks, AT, for bringing up this question and opening our eyes to a potentially sweet alternative.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
HEY TUBEDUDE THAT TOGIAK IS ONLY ABOUT 4 TO 5 MONTHS OLD GOT IT FROM THIS WEB SITE THAT I STUMBLED ACROSS:
[url "http://www.gartsports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1186440&cp=716957.713621&parentPage=family"]http://www.gartsports.com/...mp;parentPage=family[/url]

WHO AT THE TIME HAD IT FOR ONLY $99 SO IT'S NOT TO MUCH OF A LOSS IT'S JUST THE PRINCIPLE, LET'S SEE IF THEY HONOR THE WARRANTY [crazy].
ANY WHO, I'LL POST TO THIS THREAD ONCE I GET THE ODC.

THANKS
AT
[signature]