Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Res
Thanks to those who let me konw about the smallmouth in Ririe. I went fishing with my brother in law and caught quite a few smallies. I also managed to catch a fairly large one. I went back a few days later and caught some more including another large one. The second large one was caught using a topwater lure while the water was pretty clear. I saw the fish come out of some cover and straight towards my lure and then a huge splash as it attacked my lure. It was awesome. My brother in law caught another large one in the same area using a topwater lure also. All in all it made for two very nice days of fishing. Thanks again.
[signature]
Sounds like a good day. Where were you fishing and how big were the large ones?
[signature]
irvman,
Good to see you posting. Those smallies sure can pull can't they. Has anyone seen or heard of any largemouths being caught in Ririe the last couple years. I bet Ririe would make a great tiger muskie lake.
[signature]
I was fishing not too far from the boat ramp along the shore. The larger of the smallies I caught I would estimate at about 14 or 15 inches and they were fat. They have no lack of food from the looks of it.
[signature]
Were you guys fishing from a boat?
[signature]
I catch the smaller ones on top water before the sun gets up too high. I usually catch the larger ones on big leeches. You can float tube or pontoon it as long as you get off the water before the water skiiers drive you crazy.

Windriver
[signature]
I don't have a boat or a float tube or anything like it so I'm stuck with fishing from the shore or wading where I can. The problem is I have a leak in my waders that I can't seem to find, not such a big problem right now, but I better find it before winter hits.
[signature]