Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
storage box for your plastics
I would like to find out what kind of storage boxes for plastic baits work the best. I noticed some are not very good with the heat and longevity of keeping your plastics there color.What are some recomendations??
[signature]
I have been really pleased with a couple of units called "finesse binders" and "finesse bags". These are basically loose leaf type folders or bags (if enclosed) which have a series of solvent insoluble baggies in them that can be added or removed like a 3 ring binder and paper. You put the plastics in these bags, either with or w/o the original purchase bag. I mainly use a float tube for bassin and they are nice and compact for the limited storage capacity a float tube offers. They come in a variety of sizes, and the Bass Pro catalog has by far the best selection. The price is reasonable too. Mine ranged from 8-15$. Some are much larger than what I bought, which would be more ideal for boaters.
[signature]
Is it better to keep your plastics into the package they came in after putting them in your storage box or bags??
[signature]
I usually leave them in the original package, unless the bag is damaged, but if the new bag is not "soluble" in the solvents used to make the plastic lure you should be OK. The bag or sleeve containers in the finesse boxes and binders are suitable. The danger with plastic baits is that they dissolve a lot of plastic objects including tackle box trays. Long ago I unwittingly ruined a small tackle box this way. (doh)[shocked] The guys on the board that are into the making of plastic baits can probably elaborate a lot more on this.

Oh, one more thing. never mix colors of plastics if you do take them out of the original package. The colors will be freely shared among all the baits in the bag. I currently have a bag of "pale salmon" colored grubs that were formerly white because some dufus (me) accidentally left 2 pink grubs in the bag for 6 months. The resultant color has worked well though for smallies on occasion. [crazy]
[signature]