Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Walleye?
Has anybody found any walleye at Willard? For the third trip in a row I have only caught a few wipers and catfish. This morning was pretty slow, I started in the NE corner with 3 little cats then tried the feedlot and the island where I caught 1 20" wiper. Tried shad raps, floating and sinking Rapala's and worm harness/bottom bouncer. There were some boils early this morning but I couldn't get hooked up with anything. A boat load came into the dock with a bunch of wipers from the light pole area said they used top waters, they had skitter-pops tied on their lines. I hope I find some eyes tomorrow morning.
[signature]
Bearclaw and i where out there today and got about 8 walleye. using diving lures, fished the south end,
[signature]
I tried to catch you guys on channel 12 on the two way but all I could hear was static. What type of divers were you using? Did you troll the dike shallow or deep?
[signature]
i used broken back rapalas in perch color and bearclaw was using a rattlin rouge, we where in 20ft of water all day
[signature]
I was at Willard Bay last night. We caught 25, of which 7 were walleyes, trolling crankbaits from 11-17 ft. All of the eyes came on 1/4 oz wally divers in silver(6) and the chartreuse(1). Trolling speed was 3.3-3.9 mph. Hope it helps, Ryno
[signature]