Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8/6/2005
Took the FishHawk (boat) out to Willard with my son today. I finally am getting my boy out on the water with him driving the boat . We left the south marina about 7:00am . Hooked the first 18" wiper about 5 minutes after getting lines out . Not the hottest fishing today but we were trying to troll with my main motor and tried the electric out too . Trying to decide if I need a trolling plate or trolling gas motor with this boat . Drifted on the westside for a while so I tried jigging for fish on the finder and nailed a 11" crappie (my only fish ). Went over to the island and my boy started picking up walleye on rattling rapalas trolling , and also hooked a 20" wiper there too . Well my boy out fished me trolling today but maybe I can get even when we go jigging tomorrow . Glad to see him taking interest in fishing . He really likes the pull of those wipers and to out fishing me was a bonus . Seen Bearclaw and PFL at the marina today .
[signature]
Good report, and some fine pix too!
[signature]
Good to see you got your boy out two weeks in a row. A couple nice size wipers your son got. Thats odd catching a crappie on the west side, never have done that before.
[signature]
I have a trolling plate for my main motor and it works out great. One thing I like about it is you can idle the bigger motor a little faster and it dont bog down. Nice looking crappie.
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun Randy. I hope the new boat is treating you well.
[signature]
Nice report and pics. I'm sure if your son isn't hooked on fishing yet, it won't be long if he keeps catching fish like that. I'm sure he probably doesn't mind out-fishing the old man either [Wink].
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great fishing trip with your son, it sure is nice when the fish cooperate. We don't read many reports of people catching crappie during the summer at Willard. Trolling slow, even at wiper speeds, can be hard on a big motor after a while. Putting the long hours on a kicker motor will be a lot cheaper in the long run, not only in gas saved but also the wear and tear on your big motor. Just a thought.
[signature]
FNF[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#588000][size 3]Nice report Hells ....[/size][/#588000][/font]
[signature]