Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing report, Pine Valley. & Streams in Pine Valley Utah.
Fishing report, Pine Valley. & Streams in Pine Valley Utah.

Went up last weekend with & neighbors (and mother-in-law) to get out of the heat. Scattered typical Mtn. showers, cool nights beautiful days. Camped by the stream, there were sites available till about 3:00 Friday. The high water of past months has made some bigger holes in the stream & under-cut some of the banks. All the stream fish were bigger, to about 11". Mostly Browns, Rainbows & one little brook trout. The lower stream past the reservoir had bigger fish. Hoppers were happening but most fish were on bead head nymphs. Sneaking & dapping was most effective.

The wife out fished me 16-2 on the reservoir (as usual, the Wench!)
The meadow above is now a gravel delta from side to side. The main stream has moved to the opposite side of the meadow. The point that sticks out into the reservoir was very productive for a man & his son; I saw at least 30 nice (to 14") fat bows on kastmasters, sonics & spinners. The water was still snow cold, the kid brought a bucket out & stood on that. They invited me out to that point & I landed 2 & hooked a few more.

Great outing. The Forest service is going to move the camping sites away from the stream to protect from erosion & foot traffic. If you want a nice family camp spot with a shallow stream for the kids (and you) to goof around in go now. Tie your trash up high - the skunks are fearless.

Vince
[signature]
Thank you for the report. I used to love that area for a nice "cool mountains-fly fishing" fix when I lived in Sin City. Underrated, fast action for bows, brooks,and browns.
[signature]