Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD
fishing has been great, lots of fish, i have been fishing 4 out 7 days a wk & sat & sun 6-2pm dont know many from BFT, may have talked to some of you out there, my rig is a black and tan Smoker Craft Ultima with white Evenrude 150 tow by Chevy Siverado HD 2500 2005.
if u see me say hi.......
fishing has been great avrg. 8-15 walleye every trip 20"-26" nice eyes.wippers have been nice size to, 24"-27" but i am not getting the big wipers in the boils, getting them trolling 6'-10' deep,in the middle of the lake. Same goes for the walleye, everybody i have seen is trolling to fast and to deep, i have been most successful at 2'-9' deep at about 2.5-2.8 mph making alot of sharp turns using boards.
I made and old friend the other day, i took out a gentleman that i had not met before the day we fished, he was 78 yrs old never caught walleye or wippers, boy were we on the fish that day, in 1 hour we boated 8 walleye 2 wippers, he had the time of his life he thanked me as i cleaned a couple of walleye and wippers for him, he then tried to pay me for taking him fishing,, of coarse i did not except it,
for the enjoyment that he brought me watching him catch those fish money can not buy. [Smile]
NOTE: oh ya he took several notes through out the day with his pen and note book[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hi there SmokerCraft, first let tell you that you that I WANT YOUR BOAT, LMAO. Really though, I think that I saw you Saturday around 11:30 or so. Were you pulling some bright RED boards behind your boat? I was comming from the Northwest corner in a little Green boat had 2 people in it.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Anyway Welcome and Thanks for the Report.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Hi Kent, its been awhile since I've seen you at Willard. I am not fishing it as often as I was at the first of the year when I kepted running into you, I have been fishing pineview and strawberry more often, I guess I am taking alittle break from willard. As for you you are still getting into them like you always have. Keep up the good work.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I was at willard tonight, but didn't fish for Walleye. I played with wiper boils! I couldn't even say how many I caught. I just had fun throwing poppers and jigs. When the wind came up, trolling cranks were very effective!
[signature]
I was at Willard tonight, too. Fished out west, trolling cranks (Hot-N-Tots, Shad Rap 7's and 8's, Wally Divers) at 10-15 feet. We limited on wipers in an hour, and caught 6 small walleye. Really wish we could have found the bigger walleye. Ended up catching about 20 wipers and the 6 walleye in 3 hours of fishing.

I'm in a tan and green Alumacraft, tiller, with a 50HP Merc 4 stroke, behind a white Expedition. Say Hi if you see me. I met Maniac at the cleaning station. Sorry about the Bass-O-Matic, Maniac. For all you fish cleaners, be sure to turn on the grinder before you put your fish in.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
I think I've seen you out there a few times and wondered what was going on out in the middle. I guess I should have trolled by. What type of cranks were you pulling? Also, why or what would draw the bigger fish to the middle, is there deeper water out there? I have never really explored that area, and just wondering why as I always do.
[signature]
hi friend, i think a good friend of mine Tom P. (DWR) told me he believes that the fish suspend over the deeper water feeding on the shad up shallow, i know from experience that you do not see the fish out there on your finder because they are to shallow.
I also believe that boat traffic pushes the fish out to areas that are not so heavy with fisherman and boats.
good luck (lip'em & let'em go)
[signature]
hi maniac how is life treating you? i have not ran into you out here yet but i do brian all the time he likes to fish, and he has got his little daughter started early at it to. I practically live out here and at deer creek ect. any where there is WALLEYE!!!!!
i even fish in idaho at Salmon Falls res. for these pesky fish, tried the bear river but no luck for the old marble eye yet....
we need to hook up some sat morning hit willard just for old times sake,, or any where you would like...drop me a line on private side if you like.. good to here from you .........(lip'em & let'em go)
[signature]
You friend is correct. As you have probably noticed, the power sqaudron tends to boat/ski/play/harass anglers in the same time/place/way as they unkowningly do the fish. The fish are aware of thier presence as well, and attempt to get away from them, but with the lake being as shallow as it is, the options for the fish are quite limited. Go to where there are no power boats and that's where you'll find the fish - to the chagrin of most of the anglers, that happens to be in the "less populated with boats/skiiers/PWC operators" middle - about where most of us would think that the power boaters should be - instead of in our laps over the "normal" fishing holes or between us(usually closer than 150 feet) and the bank. However, I have to add the caveat that I have caught a number of really nice fish right underneath and inspite of some power boaters and skiiers - don't ask, I have no clue as to why that would happen. Mostly though, I seem to catch more and bigger fish when I am relatively far away from the wakeboard and bikini babe boombox boats.

BTW - turn down the tunes - I hate that song and I can't hear myself sing.
[signature]