Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8/10
Fished Willard 1/2 mile north of the island tonight from 6PM to 9:30PM. Used my new Penn reel with producers and rapps. Used a second pole with a 5-10 foot deep #5 silver rapp. Caught one 15 inch walleye on the shallow rapp. Never had even a bite on my trolling reel. I won't complain though since I did finally catch a walleye.
[signature]
At least you got the walleye. Did you catch anything else? How fast did you troll? WH2
[signature]
I just had the one walleye and not a single other bite. I could see a ton of fish at 3 feet above the bottom as you had mentioned in another post. I tried jigging for them with white maribu jigs that had worked great at Starvation, but nothing took.

I spent some of my time fiddleing with the new Penn reel figuring out how to work it. I lost one producer cause I let to much line out. That leadcore line sure has a lot of weight and drag to it when you let a lot out.

I haven't been able to find my GPS lately. That's what I used to determine my trolling speed. I tried varying speeds that where probably between 2 and 4mph. I was probably going about 3mph when I caught the one walleye.

When the sun set I ancored off the island hoping some walleye might come in there. I was promptly swarmed by hungry mosquitos and had to leave.
[signature]
[Smile]congratulations on the walleye at willard. they are hard to catch sometimes. trfishin
[signature]
myself and fishcrazy were also there the 10th from 430pm to dark wipers were yo-yo boiling off the feed lot though we could not get them to bite anything managed two and a walleye trolling found a boil off the south dike and got three on a heldon tiny torpedo topwater is a great way to fish when the water is clear enough to see the fish following the lure and then attack it what a blast!!!
[signature]