Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions&beggings
question never been ice fishing what kind of lures/bait would you fellow fishermen suggest keep it simple dont want to break the bank funds are limited at this time (the santa/kids thing) just bought one of those shorty poles set there now to BEG if ANYBODY goes fishing on a week day and thinks they can put up with someone who has no idea what he is doing and is in general a pain in the a$$ PLEASE let me know im more then willing to pitch in to offset any cost accured HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL THANX IN ADVANCE

TUNAMAN
[signature]
Hey TunaMan,

We have already been there done that. I was going to send you an email; however, your email address isn't in your profile. Read this thread below:

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Ice Fishing ... Whats needed/How to[/size][/black][/font]

Kent
[signature]
Standard ice lures available at any tackle shop will do. Personally, the lures that have worked best for me have been old faithfuls like the foxxe jig, water cricket, firefly, and my favorite, small curl tail grubs with a small jig head. All in chartruse or white. Tip any of those with a wax worm or meal worm and possibly some smelly jelly and you are good to go. I am headed out to the ice at woodruff res in about nine hours. If it wasnt such short notice I would invite you along this trip. Maybee next time. You can find a variety of lures to use on this site at the super store, or head over to hooked in kaysville, James will hook you up with some good stuff and some good advice. Tell him who you are on the site and he may give you the bonus treatment.