Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access passed legislature
I just heard that there was a new access program passed in the legeslature. Does any body know the details? Some sort of pay to walk in program? From what I have heard it scares me of our future ability to access our rivers without paying extra money.
[signature]
If you dare head on over there here are 3 pages on the subject. I haven't gone through it yet but I'm sure you'll get some info.

[url "http://www.utahonthefly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11581"]http://www.utahonthefly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11581[/url]
[signature]
thanks I 'll check it out
[signature]
[cool]Isn't this the new law that says that dog owners will have to pay to take their dogs on the dog runs in the parks because too many people let their dogs crap in the park? Maybe I'm confusing that new dog law with something else?
[signature]
This is totally a great program. I am familiar with the program in Nebraska where I helped evaluate lands and land owners when I worked for the Game and Parks.

The way it works in simple terms is the DWR works with a landowner to pay them for providing access to land to hunt and fish on. It is sometimes species specific which means you are allowed to hunt one species say turkeys but not pheasants or waterfowl. That is what the DWR and landowner negotiate. It is strictly limited to walkin traffic only for the most part with designated parking areas etc. There are no fees involved to the sportsman other than maybe higher liscense fees in the future but that will come with or without the program.

In Nebraska and South Dakota it has offered some great hunting opportunities for upland game mainly pheasants. It is tied to the CRP acres in Nebraska and I know Utah is looking at the same type of program to hunt upland game in the CRP acres.

I hope they get it implemented, I believe it is good for all who are involved.
[signature]
Sounds like a good deal fishwriter. When I lived in Montana there were ranchers that did something similar during the deer hunt. They have huge ranches and they let anyone hunt them. Their only stipulation is that you show up at the ranch house on a certain day (I believe it was the first day of the hunt) and get a permission slip. I believe it was also somewhat regulated or negotiated through their wildlife offices.
[signature]