Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A True Fishing Story
Just got done chatting with my buddy Manny and he shared some information with me. I asked him if he'd been out fishing lately and I got a whale of a tale to tell!

Well okay, not quite a whale, but a nice catfish. Here ya go!
------------------------------

Tuesday night we had a real nice thunderstorm come through. Manny and a few others which I've had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with were on the Mississippi shoreline going for cats. Them little guys with the whiskers that eat anything and everything, including humans.

Literally seconds before the storm hit, Manny caught this 28 lb Flathead.

[Image: 8-16-05Manny28lb.jpg]

Then the downpour was in full swing. The guys toughed it out and ended up looking like drowned rats when it was over. Nope, not desert rats (I'm the one from the desert and I wasn't with them).

Once the rain stopped, Dave ended up with a couple of nice Channels... one about 10 pounds or so, the other a little smaller. Ralph didn't have any luck, but he wasn't able to stay real late... work in the morning.

Jeff was having the same luck as Ralph... then all of the sudden we saw him reeling in something. We got all excited for him. The rod was bending good. A rock. Can you believe it? He brought it all the way in and had to take it off his hook. Well... he decided to try it again, and rebaited his hook and tossed it out. After some time he reeled it in to check it... as he was reeling it up, his minnow fell off his hook and into the river... and a fish grabbed it off the surface!!!! Poor guy. Can you believe the luck!?! Oh well, at least he wasn't skunked... he caught a nice rock.
[signature]