Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooked fish gets revenge, lures angler to death
Fisherman in Germany dies pursuing prey who pulled pole from his hand
BERLIN - A fish caught in an east German lake near the Polish border not only got off the hook but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death, police in the eastern town of Eisenhuettenstadt said Tuesday.
A police spokeswoman said the fish pulled the fishing rod out of the man’s hands and dragged it about 100 meters (about 328 feet) away from shore at the Kleinen Pohlitzer lake near Eisenhuettenstadt. The man took off his clothes and swam after the runaway fish and pole.
A witness said the man reached the rod floating on the surface but then suddenly stopped moving. The 54-year-old witness swam out to help the fisherman and pulled him back to shore, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
“I know it sounds like an incredible story but it really happened,” an Eisenhuettenstadt police spokeswoman said. “It was apparently just an ordinary fish.”
[signature]
MORE THEN ONCE! INFACT MORE OFTEN THEN I LIKE INFACT IT ALWAYS HAPPENS ON A COLD DAY TOO. MAYBE THAT IS HOW I WILL END UP GOING TO THE BIG FISHING HOLE IN THE SKY ONE DAY ALSO. ONE CAN ONLY HOPE [Wink]
[signature]