Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
Hit willard last night with MGB and my dad. we got there about 6:00
and fished until about 9:00 only caght 1 wiper witch my dad caught. we tried alot of different lures and speeds. Thanks again Mike my dad and had a great time.
[signature]
We marked alot of fish but they wouldn't hit. Its been afew weeks since I have been out there, I need to spend some time at willard to locate the active schools. Thats the first time I have been skunked since April.

The worse part about yesterday was when I got home I backed my boat into a car and bent my prop, hope I can get it fixed before next weekend.
[signature]
Sorry to here about the prop . I always worry about dinging it on the water but never think about it when it is out of the water . I nailed 2 wipers , 2 walleye , and 2 kittys this morning and lost several more at the boat . Wipers were pulling hard this morning . I would of been better off just trolling today but I was bound and determine to jig fish most of it . Lots of fish on the finder .
[signature]
What part of the lake did you find the walleye in? Were you fishing right on the bottom or suspending your lure? Were you using any bait jiging?

I saw a lot of blips on the finder the other night but couldn't get anything to take on the troll.
[signature]
The wife and I got on Willard at 09:00 and got off at 19:00. No luck trolling except for one cat. Eventually went to the south side rocks east of the feedlot. Used worms 1.5 feet below a bobber about three to six feet from the edge. LOTS of cats - not real big but sure beats just swatting bugs. The wife got a nice 14 inch fat smallie. Had similar success on Friday starting about 3 in the afternoon. Even got a wiper the same way.
[signature]
Like you name IMHooked. I just has a classy sound. Welcome to the board. thanks for the report.
[signature]
it's good to hear that someone in the boat caught one as there are enough dead skunks on the road stinking things up [Smile] trfishin
[signature]
I was trolling for wipers when I have hooked walleye and don't believe I was running very deep . I been having luck with Rattlin' Rapalas in the Holographic Blue Shad . I been fishing out in the middle of the water for my fish .
[inline rattlin_rapala.jpg]

The cats I have caught have been on jigs with a piece of worm on it .
[signature]