Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay's Island ... pic
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Every once in a while I see posts asking where the island is located on Willard Bay. Recently I have been playing with some satellite imagery available on the Internet and was able to cut out a picture of Willard Bay. The satellite picture must have been taken back when the water was way low because the picture clearly shows the island. With the water high like it is these days, the only way to see where the island is, is to look for the floating white bouy.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black] [/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black] [inline "Willard from air.jpg"][/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for that OC. It's cool to see one of my favorite bodies of water from above. I always sorta felt like the bay was basically a rectangle but that picture shows otherwise.
[signature]
[sly]THAT IS COOL WHAT WEB SIGHT DID YOU GET THAT FROM CAN YOU GET ALOT OF PICTURES LIKE THAT OF DIFFRENT LAKES
[signature]
[size 2][[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Didn't come from a Web site. Every square foot of the entire planet earth is available. It is satelite imagery that has been declasified and available for public use. You have to download the application and you have to have a fairly good computer and a supper fast connection.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]You name the lake and I can get you a shot in JPEG format. Next week I will stick a shot of Pineview out there.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Often times you can see your own car in your driveway. Sometimes the resolution is so good you can see boats and people on the beach![/black][/font][/size]
[signature]

Where do you download that at or where can i get it should say

Would you be able to post one of utah lake that would be cool
of you to do that i would highley apprieciate it [cool]
[signature]
Google Earth is one place to get them.. They have almost the whole planet on their site...
Enjoy...
Jethro
[signature]
Hey there Old Coot,

I was wondering if you could maybe describe the photo for me. On my screen(a dinosaur era device), it is really dark and hard to make out any details except on the right hand side there is a white-ish area that looks like it could be the south marina area. It also looks like there is a pier or jetty sticking out in the middle of the photo and a splotch in the lower right hand corner that I can't make out very well. Did the original photo have more detail ?
[signature]
Cool photo coot! I've been using a website called terra server located at [url "http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/"]http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/[/url] You can actually enter your street address in and view your home or anywhere else.
[signature]