Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD BAY CATFISH POPULATION
[cool]WHO HERE LIKES CATFISHIN AND THINKS THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE POPULATION AT WILLARD BAY I THINK WE
AS THE ANGLERS SHOULD HAVE SOME SAY I MEAN WE PAY FOR IT
RIGHT FOR EXAMPLE ( BOAT LAUNCHING FEE CAMPING FEES FISHIN LISCENSES) AND IF WE CAN HOW. I USE TO CATCH NICE CATS OUT THERE
MY BIGGEST WAS 17.5 POUNDS 33.5 INCHES I REALLY MISS THOUGHS DAYS NOW WHEN I GO IM LUCKY TO CATCH A 5 POUNDER
THEY SHOULD PLANT SOME IN WILLARD AGAIN I THINK. LIKE THEY DO IN THE COMMUNITY PONDS I ALSO THINK IT WOULD HELP IF THEY CHANGED THE REGULATIONS ON GIZZARD SHAD I HAVE SEEN GIZZARD SHAD THAT ARE ALMOST 15 INCHES LONG AND THOSE GIZZARDS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE RUINING THE CATFISH POPULATION THERE
AND THERE IS SO MANY AND THEY OF COURSE ARE THE SPAWNERS IF THEY SPAWN I DONT NO BUT I THINK THEY NEED TO MAKE SOME CHANGES THERE. THERE IS SO MANY THINGS I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT.
I THINK THE SHOULD INTRODUCE THE FLATHEAD CATFISH IN THE BEAR RIVER TO AND PLANT BLUE CATS IN WILLARD AND PINEVIEW

WHO AGREES
[signature]
I have been trying to catch walleye there for weeks there at Willard. But instead all I can catch is catfish. I'm not complaining to much because they are averaging in the 2-3 lb range with an occasional 4-5 pounder. The populations seems to be pretty good there and they are much fatter now than a few years ago (but nothing like 10-20 years ago)

I would also like to see them plant some blues and flats in willard and the bear river. I wouldn't complain if a 100 pound blue was pulling my boat around on willard.
[signature]
[Smile]
Ya that would be really nice i wounder why they wont plant them
were you trolling for the eyes
i was out there on my boat a week ago and about 2 in the morning
i heard alot of comotion in the water me and my friend both had spot lights and we couldnt se a thing we new fer sure it was a boil
but couldnt see a thing the water was glass it lasted for a while just couldnt see anything 2 hours prior we landed 3 eyes and 1 wyper on
bottom bouncers it was a fun night funny story to we stoped and
anchored to catfish had alot of bites nothin big enough to take the bait i use and then it died off we desided to leave
and didint retrieve the anchor we dragged it all the way in to the south marina and then it got caught on a huge cable im guessing it was for the docks found out then why we wernt able to stear the boat though
[signature]
Ya flat heads,and Blues now your talking!
[signature]
Just wonderin' when you are night fishing how do you cope with those damn bugs? I wonder if one of those thermocells will keep those midges or whatever they are away.
[signature]
Somtimes i get beat up from them bugs[pirate]

but not until i started using army issued repalant
it is used in the amozon it is 100% deet
works real good or eat 2 garlic cloves and give your self
intolarable bo
[signature]