Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 8-26
Fished Willard today with old_coot had a great time didnt catch many fish but it was a nice day to be on the water. got on the water at 6am and got off at 11am fish seamed to like the blue and silver today from blaze lures to smithwicks to luckycraft all worked. thanks again for a great morning on the water mr. coot.
[inline oldcootwillard2.JPG]
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Jason, Wiperslayer and I were out there today also but no one answered when we called out on channel 12. We arrived around 8:30am and fished the Feedlot/Island area until noon, catching just a couple. We tried several more areas with out any luck. We finally found a school of wipers that wanted to play and got 12 more to the boat in less than an hour. The catching was steady until I made the mistake of trying to release a wiper outside the boat. I grabbed the hook on my lucky lure with a pair of needle nose pliers and just as I turned it to release the fish, it made one last try to get away. The wiper was gone along with my lure, I should have known better because it has happened before. Thats what happens when you get cocky and think you can release a wiper like you do a trout. When I got back, I went to Sportsman's to buy a replacement but they did not have a lure even close. I did not get a picture but we also landed a nice young seagull that put up a great fight. After loosing my hot lure the action was over and we called it a day around 3pm. Thanks Wiperslayer, it was a fun day on the pond. WH2
[signature]
Fished willard Friday evening from 6:30-10:00. Picked up 2 19" wipers and 2 15" catfish. I was surprised to catch the catfish on a pointer 78. All fish where caught on the pointer with the side planner.
[signature]
Nice wipers and catfish guys! I need to try Willard.Any EYES being caught?
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Petty ... I too really enjoyed the morning fishing. Great weather, great water, and great company. I learned a lot from you .... from rods, to lures, to SIDE PLANERS. Yup, now that I have been schooled in planers, I will definately start to put the one that I do have to work.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Thanks much again.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]