Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, no skunk in this boat
Well now i finally have my boat up and running we're trying out Willard again this morning. Getting a little late start with my kids and wife but hopefully it will be promising with the cooler weather. Any boils latly? what times? I may head back out this evening also. I'll post my report when i get back.

[cool]Woo Hoo, we had a good morning. For all the slow luck and skunks last couple times out, and all the bad luck and slow days i've been reading about in the forum, today turned out OK!

We got a late start heading out and did'nt hit the water till about 8:45 this morning. We trolled out of the south marina and headed toward the feeding lot, alot of birds on the water and a few of them looked to diving and feeding so we headed towards them. Within 5 minutes we had our first hookup, my 2 (almost 3) year olds rod was losing line fast, we were running a deep diver on it and one of those biggie wipers thought it looked tasty, Momma had to help him bring it in, little dude was excited, his first wiper.
We trolled on a little more towards the point and hooked up the second, little smaller but still hanging in the deeper water ,hooked on a WallyDiver. I had my 4 year old real him in.
The wind started picking up pretty good so we deciced to just head back towards the marina and keep an eye on what the wind does. while we were turning a big loop back toward the marina my wife thought she had one and started reeling, ooops, tangled someone else's line. SHe got it in and untangled and we let him know it was ok to reel, If he is a BFT'r i want say sorry again, i thought we were keeping a pretty good distance. After that the wind just kept picking up and in my little torture craft it can make you a little nervous (esspecially out there). We just kept a steady troll of 3 mph and just as we were coming into the marina got our last hookup right in the mouth of the marina. I handed the rod to my wife since she was bummed about catching that other guys line.
It took her a good 5 minutes to bring it in, nice fish, also on the Wally diver. We're thinking about heading out again tonight or first thing tomarrow and give it another shot, but todays catch will make a fine dinner for tonight!
[signature]
[blue][size 3]With the predicted winds it may get little exciting out there. Be careful and let us know how you did.[/size][/blue]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I had wondered about the wind before we headed out but when we got out there it was pretty calm so we decided to go for it, got a little spooky though, we were off the water by 11:00, three wipers though, better than some days i've had out there.
[signature]
[cool] Good fish and good Smiles, thanks for the report.
[signature]