Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Katrina - How You Can Help
There are probably more people affected by Hurricane Katrina than most people realize. Over the weekend I was in the northeast part of Texas and had met several people who are refugees from Louisiana. I talked to many people with family members from the hardest hit areas that haven't heard from their loved ones yet. I have some relatives in Mississippi (just found out today) that were unable to contact anybody for several days because of the lack of power and telephone services. They're doing well, just don't have any electricity.

A couple of motels in the town I was in are giving the refugees free rooms. I think that's awesome. But while they are in the motels they are still in need of nourishment. My trip was paid for so I had a little bit of money to donate to one family.

If you are in an area where there's refugees, see if you can find them and offer to take them out to eat, or give them a gift certificate to the grocery store. Offer to let them use your washer and dryer. Any little thing like that will be greatly appreciated.

If you'd rather make a donation monetary donation, here's a website with a number of organizations you can send your donations to:

[url http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/ani...s/]Network for Good[/url]
[signature]