Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm still alive!
Haven't been doing much fishing this year, been trying to get my yard more maintenance free, as you can see that worked. I'm up in Washington State this weekend. Went up to Packwood Lake, and yes, for those of you that know me I actually hikes the three and a half miles each way. Which is a big accomplishment since I can't hardly walk across the warehouse. It just took me a long time. Anyway, I went there with my three brothers and sister to put my dads ashes where he wanted to go and then we fished a little last night and then again this morning. Never caught anything but the scenery was just fantastic. They don't have the lodge there anymore so we couldn't rent a boat. But when we used to before, you could go out in the middle of the lake and see snow capped Goat Mountain sticking up on one end of the lake and Mt. Rainier sticking up on the other. I did take pictures so when I get back after next Saturday I'll post them. One of the most beautiful places I've been in the world. One of my brothers and I were talking and figured out our dad started taking us up to this lake in 1957. Damn that made us feel old. I'll let you know if I hit any other places, may not because I've got alot of visiting to do. Almost sounds like yardwork doesn't it. Anyway, be back next Saturday. Al
[signature]
Alan
My condolances.
[signature]
[cool]Al, it's good to hear from ya, dude. I'm glad that you were able to take your dad where he wanted to be, and that you were able to be with your fam in such a beautiful place. Hope you have a nice stay up there in the lovely Pacific Northwest, and travel home safely. It's weird not having you around on any of the floatilla's this year, so hurry up with that yardwork so you can chase some walleyes with us this fall!
[signature]
Hey Al good ta see your still kickin'! Sorry to hear you lost your pappy tho'.. Ya best get back here soon and wet a line because we're running out of soft water season here, (I hope)![Wink]
[signature]
I too am still alive, I too also have not done much fishing this summer because I have been very busy prepping my house that just got sold, and now we are prepping to move into a new bigger house in SE Pleasant Grove. It's hard work, hard sacrificing the time that I could have been fishing, that would make my wife mad if I ditched the house selling responsibility.[crazy]

My family are moving to the hills of SE Pleasant Grove, where I did notice a black ranger fishing boat in the same neighborhood. I wondered who that belongs to... one thought... Tomegun? Coldfooter?

Well Alan, I hope your life returns to normal as the same for me too.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the friendly comments on my dad. He passed away just before Christmas this last year instantly of a massive heart atttack. Sept. 4th was his 84th b-day so it just seemed appropriate to spread his ashes on that day. It was really emotional for us kids, but in a happy way. If any of you ever get up this way, be sure to make Packwod Lake one of your destinations, you'll never regret it. It has never been logged off, not in the last 100 years anyway. The timber grows to a cetrain height and then stops. Other than some windfall it looks identical to the way it did in 1957. Real errie, but beautiful.
[signature]
Glad to hear you are doing ok and even got to spend some time in the outdoors. If you ever get a crazy hair and want to go do some fishing drop me a msg.
[signature]