Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9/5 report
Got on the water about 7:30AM,and started trolling just outside the north marina,I was the first to hook up and and did a quick release boat side,a friend was fishing with me and my boy and was really stickin it to us,we mainly fished the north end near the NE corner until around 11:00 thats when someone opened the gates and there was more boat traffic than we could stand so we hit the feedlot area and continued to catch fish or should I say my friend was still kicken are butts,we fished tell about 2:00 PM and called it a day,I caught five wipers,my son caught three wipers and my so called friend caught around fifteen wipers.he must have been wearing his hat just right or somthing.
Most the fish where small and released to grow up and he kept three of his bigger fish for the grill.
Water is turning over with alot of green algea on top,we trolled the prism shad and the white producer most of the time at 3MPH on the fish finder.We didn't see any biols but did see alot of shad on the surface?water temp was 73 degrees most everwhere on the lake.
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
It amazes me how one boat can catch fish and another in the same area using the same lures can't. Just like one pole in the same boat can catch more fish than the rest. We trolled the same areas and struggled with all the boats and their wakes. I even went back this morning and never got a bite either day. There were lots of schools of bait fish on the finder but not alot of bigger fish around them. I did see some schools of larger fish on the screen but couldn't get a single hit. There was only one rig in the North Marina parking lot when I got there at 9:00 this morning, I almost felt lost and alone.
[signature]
Nice report Tony, we have had the same luck lately with one of us having the hot hand and it being tough for the other guy. We noticed the same thing last Sat with the lake turning over. A lot of the smaller wipers are very fat so I'd say they are eating good. Sounds like a very good day if you guys boated 23 wipers, I haven't read a report that good in a while. How late did you stay?
[signature]
Hey WH2,We left around 2:00PM.There was more boats and wave runners on the lake than I have ever seen.The prism shad out produced the white producer,and there was one spot that was hot,an area about hundered feet long.PM me I will give you the cordinates.but you will have to wait tell I get home.I actually blame the whole thing on my friend was using my wifes pole,she always outfishs me when I can get her to go that is.His reel was brocken when he let it out so I borrowed it to him.I should have used it.[Wink]I dont really mind though at least we got some fish in the boat and he had a blast.I was suprised not to see any biols though,especially in the morning?I was watching for them but didn't even see any surface splashes from the wipers,You can tell when a wiper hits a shad on top.
Going to try to get out this weekend,hope that cold front holds off until sunday.
Oh,I also have a second pole permit and I was using it,didn't help me catch up or even keep up,LOL.
Later,FNF.
[signature]
When the shad first started showing up in some good numbers we were seeing good boils but now there are so many in the water all your going to see is a little surface activity and that can be so small that you can miss it unless you are right on top of it. If you make it out this weekend I hope it will be your turn to have the hot hand.
[signature]