Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Wallet...
While ya on the lake tubing how do u take care of your wallet? I know we have to have the fishing lic. on us when fishing but I wonder how do u keep it dry? A few times I totally forgot all about it and left it in my pocket. By the time I gotta change into dry clothes and found that I did it again got it all soaking wet! I felt like a little kid who couldn't wait to get on the water with the tubing!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That is just one of those planning things. Even when I wear my waders, I still leave my wallet in a hidden spot in my car. That way, if you get a leak in your waders, the wallet does not get soaked. It is also more comfortable when you are not sitting on your wallet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I always wear a fishing vest, wherever I go fishing. So, I put my license in a waterproof plastic bag or container and keep it in a pocket of my vest. I always have my license that way, and do not have to stop and think about whether I brought it or not. And, if it rains or if I get splashed with a wave...or if I drop my vest in the water...the license stays dry.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Float tubers get creative about taking things out in the tube. Many of us carry cell phones, digital cameras or other electronics that would not be improved with a dunking in the water. If you gotta have your "stuff" you need to take measures to protect it against accidents. Invest in some good sealable plastic containers or good quality sealable plastic bags. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the most sickening sounds to a float tuber is "PLUNK". It usually means that something has fallen overboard. If it is properly protected and/or rigged for floating, it is only an annoyance and not a tragedy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hope you never lose that excitement of fishing...and tubing. But, a bit of thought and planning can help reduce the number of times you have to slap yourself on the forehead because you fouled up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
ZIP LOCK BAGS [Wink]. I USE THEM FOR EVERYTHING FROM CELL PHONE TO CAMERA. YOU CAN ACTUALLY ANSWER, MAKE CALLS AND TALK ON THE CELL WITHOUT TAKING IT OUT OF THE BAG.

AT
[signature]
Dang ATFISHING, you must have a nice phone and service. I could hardly even hear my phone ring when was in the bag - but then again, I only brought it once on my tube and almost lost it to the depths as I fumbled with it because a fish inconveniently wanted my attention at the very same time - the fish got the priority of course.

Now, as then, when I am fishing, I consider myself too busy to be disturbed by the interuption. That may not work for some - because of the necessary spousal connections required to maintain access to a hall pass to be able to get out and fish.

For my fishing license, I keep it in my vest in a "Hefty OneZip" freezer baggie. Those are the ones with the real zipper kind of closure. Like TD, my wallet stays ashore where it is safe and dry at all times.
[signature]
HEY FISHHOUND IT'S NOT THE SPOUSE, IT'S THOSE DANG CLIENTS (LOL) [Wink]. I'M IN REAL ESTATE SO I FISH STRICTLY DURING THE WEEK WHICH MEANS FEW IF ANY PEOPLE AROUND, BUT THE TRADE OFF IS HAVING TO STAY IN CONTACT WITH CLIENTS, GOOD THING IS THAT MY NEXTEL IS A SPEAKER PHONE SO I CAN TALK HANDS FREE AND FISH AT THE SAME TIME [cool].
[signature]
Sounds like a fine arraingement - mid-week fishing is also my favorite - for the same reason - fewer people. You can also explain the fishing sounds away by the fact you are using a cell phone - they are notorious for poor sound quality and extraneous noises. Does you phone also have a hold button ? Or, do you just say "Ooops gotta go" and tell them you'll call them back when you get a fish on ?
[signature]
HEY FISHHOUND,
IT'S USUALLY THE "OOOPS" EXCUSE [sly] BUT THERE HAS BEEN A NUMBER OF TIMES THAT I'VE HOOKED UP/FOUGHT/AND LANDED THE FISH AND BEEN ON THE PHONE, ALTHOUGH ONLY ONE TIME WAS ON THE TUBE, THE REST WHERE ON THE BOAT.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Us fisherpersons gotta be good at multitasking. Builds character. At least most of us are already characters.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
(LOL) I HEAR YA TD
HEY BY THE WAY PICKED UP THE NEW TUBE (ODC 420) WILL POST LATER THIS WEEK ONCE I TRICK IT OUT AND GET IT ON THE WATER.

AT
[signature]
I have noticed for the last few years Utah has been printing the licenses on water proof paper that wont let the ink run off if it gets wet. for all my other "stuff" I put them in samich ziplocs, then put all those into one of those heavy duty thicker plastic freezer type bags for that no clutter sparkle appearance then toss em all in one of the bags on the side of my trout trap. the gallon bags also work well for keeping any "refreshments" packed in with a few ice cubes in another pouch or in the water to keep your drinks cold, and if you take lunch you can lay your samich on top of that set up for a fresh keeper samich storage system. or you could go buy some of those spensive water proof bags they make for eveerything, like on raft trips for gear all the way down to one for the wallet and one big enough to sleep in if you end up on a small "island of rock" pokin out of a class III rapid.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to our playroon, Chris.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good tips.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You should also bring an extra sandwich on every trip. Don't know if you have noticed but fish often wait until you are involved in taking a bite of your sandwich to bite on your bait or lure. I think they are kinda Sadistic sometimes and enjoy seeing fishermen toss an uneaten sandwich over the side in their excitement for grabbing the rod. If you don't have an extra sandwich, you can get hungry.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat I am glad to be here. as you know I have been toobin for around 7 years now and have learned a few tricks i will chime in when I can. Im glad to see your back in Yewtah again hope your travel was nice on the way here and home again when you go..also sorry to hear the other garbage over on that other spot about posts....nuff said. hope the mess for whoever that was wasnt too bad to clean up. I have put the advice given in your first few chapters of the "book" you sent me to good use, but still have been un able to persuade an eye to stretch my string..[unsure] I did pick up a beaut of a 14 foot aluminum kid dream for me that I have not used as much as I had to swear I would so the missus would fork out the cash...ha ha. I work too much...3 jobs now and counting. have a good lead on a position at ... Cabelas!!!!! so I can drop a job or two.

Hey all the extra samich idea is a great one...speically if you have freinds like mine that dont think about lunch for a "all-day" trip like that...so I recommend 2 or 3 spares. lol. its great to see TD is still at it someplace, I will pop in and out as time permits...duck season is coming up and I am determined to punish myself into learning how to shoot quackers. ta ta for now..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck in your search for a spot at Cabelas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, if you want more input on walleye, we are going to have a walleye seminar on October 3 (Monday) at Lindon at 6 PM.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will put up a post next week with a lot of downloadable info.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Please don't forget about the Illinoisan kid!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey kid, you're part of the fambly now. The writeup and pics I post are there for everyone to see or to download for their own files.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now, about the seminar...that's a long drive. You might wanna rethink that one.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
dang Pat, next monday I will be at work at Discover card till 9 PM...man o man what a terrible waste of fishing info exchange time!! and fishing time as well.[Wink] I hope to hear sometime this week from the worlds largest outfitter about a spot. It would be great if someone video taped with a digital camcorder and loaded it on the site....know anyone....to cover for all us poor schlubs that cant make it??? just an Idea, I would tape if I could go..and if I had a digi thing to do it with...but the wife says I have to buy an engine first for her little Honda. say lah vee. tight lines all.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]i will be putting up a post about midweek, with attachments which will include some custom color plastics, heads and a 12 page writeup on fishing for Utah Lake walleyes. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Since UtWalleye, CROSSINEYES, and other walleye pros will be there, you WILL miss some good show and tell.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once you get your personal schedule coordinated, we will have to get you out with us on a flotilla and we can do some up close and personal stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#505000]Oh this is an easy one to answer!!!! If you are single get married!!! Your wife will never let you have access to your wallet again and taking it fishing becomes a non-issue!! [Tongue][/#505000]
[#505000][/#505000]
[#505000]Seriously I leave mine in the car and I always keep my fishing licenses in the Plano 3500 that I keep all my basic tackle in. I can't fish without that box so it goes on EVERY trip with me and I find I'm never without it!![/#505000]
[signature]