Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9/11 with pic
I went out to Willard tonight and it started out as a nice day then it got a bit nippy. I did manage to boat one Wiper and it was a decent one at 20 inches. We picked it up on the west dike quite a bit north of the light pole. We did notice alot of green stuff floating in some areas. The water temp varied between 69 and 71 degrees so the temp did drop a bit from earlier this week. We were marking quite a few of fish just no action.

Thanks to wiperhunter2 for the fish finder I got it all mounted and running good. I would like to check the speed against a GPS unit when I can find mine [unsure] since it is currently lost in my mess.

Oh and here is the pic

[inline wiper2.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]Nice wiper, pennyfarmer, and cute little kids too. I can't wait to get back out to those fiesty silver smashers. Hope the fishing stays good through the next couple of months.
[signature]
Thanks for the report John, I'm glad you got the fish finder up and running. It's too bad the weather wasn't a little warmer, how was the wind? If I remember correctly the FFer was .4 to .5 mph off when compared to a GPS. Good luck on your next outing and I hope you find your GPS.
[signature]
The wind was not too bad till about 5:00-5:30, then it picked up a bit. Overall the wind was not a factor. The sun went behind a large cloud and that is when the temp dropped.

Which way was the FF off? When it says 2.5 are you actually going 3 or 2?
[signature]
When you are going 2.5, the speed is closer to 3 mph.
[signature]