Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where...
Where do u guys belly float in northern Illinois? The only place I could do it is Mazonia lakes. That used to be a strip mine site but state of Illinois brought it and turned it into a fishing and duck hunting site.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We have members from all around the country, but I cannot recall that we have anyone else from your part of the country on the board. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here's a link to the Illinois board for BFT but it does not look very busy over there. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=forum_view_collapsed;forum=26;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;"]ILLINOIS BOARD[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
So Illinois board ranks on the bottom, which state ranks on the top? Is Illnois a boring state to belly float at? Utah looks like a wonderful place for it!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Utah is definitely the most active board. You might think that California would be, with all of the water and all the people. But, it is surprisingly quiet over there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Utah does have a lot of float tubers and a lot of good places to tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
MMMM isn't there something that you could look up on where to belly float? Does Utah have rules on which lake is allow for tubers? From where I live, we can't do tubing in Cook county's forest preserve ponds. I'm not sure about Lake Michigan, nobody talks about tubing around here only one site that is Mazonia lakes.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I doubt that any state has a directory on where to use your float tubes. I don't know of any state that has across the board rules on tubing, but some lakes do have restrictions. That is usually because it is a water source or some other reason why they do not want swimmers, boaters or tubers in the water. You pretty much just have to check the regulations for each lake. Most are either public, private or managed by some kind of park system. Almost all of them will have posted regulations.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are very few waters in Utah that have restrictions against tubing. [/#0000ff]
[signature]