Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish finder
Any recommendations for a portable setup under say 200$ that would still be useful?
[signature]
I've heard the BottomLine Fishin Buddy 1200 is a good way to go but haven't actually tried it?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Look for a used FL-8, you'll be happy you did !
[signature]
I would check out the deals on ebay, look under fishing electronics. There are alot of good deals. Alot of them are still in the box and come with a warranty too. I prefer the lowrance/eagle products.
If you want to use it for mostly ice fishing get a flasher unit.
Thank's for all the input! I will check out ebay and the local boards at the fishing supply houses for something used. The fishing buddy has recieved some bad reviews from previous posts that I have read, but still could be useful for my type of needs and budget.Thank you all again!!
[signature]
I have been using a bottom line portable modle TBL for more than 10 years it operates on 6 volt rayovacs, I have change the batteris twice in tin years.

it comes with a caring case and the best part is that I can throw it in any boat that I am in. in less than a minutes time.

it dosnt help me get more fish but it does help to know that they are there when they aint biting.
[signature]
hey dave, yeah but i think that would just aggrevate me haha, i,d rather not know i think so,s i could play with louie a little more. i,d just keep tryin to git em to change their minds haha, i,m just bustin haha i hear ya i,ve never used one of the fish finders so have no clue how to use it. but it does sound like it would be easier. [cool] for my knapps pond. those trout are crazy, hard to find sometimes. so when i go there i never git myself syked for catchin alot, i just go to enjoy the day with louie take hotdogs chips, ya know, and if i catch one i,m happy nad if i don,t i,m happy. knapps is more of a canoe or a 14 ft alunimun boat with fly fishin. at least at first pond, second theyll grab anythin pretty much. i think cause fisrt is made up different. not so deep alot of trees brush and hard to git your line out thru without a boat. but i do know there,s some good size ones in there. just like the 2nd pond. but it,s easier to fish off the bank and deeper near the dam. kids have fun fishin there. me too haha later have fun fishin!
[signature]