Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9-16-05 with pics we had a good time
We went to Willard today. We launched about 4:30 and trolled for awhile. My friend kept hassleing me to stay close to shore but nothing seemed to work. Our first fish was as we trolled across the channel at the south marina, it was a 17 1/2 inch walleye. The second pass my friend hooked a fish but it got off. The third pass I hooked a 20 inch wiper. Fourth pass we had to deal with someone in a ski boat who was in the channel just sitting there then I hooked someone else fishing so we chatted while I untangled the snag. They wanted proof so we showed them the bass and walleye. Fifth pass I got another 20 inch wiper.

This was my first ever walleye.[inline firstwalleye.jpg]

Here is the daughter that I took with me. [inline fishingpartner.jpg]

This is the daughter that is too much of a girl, but just enough of a kid to hold on to a fish till I took a picture. [inline mallorywiper.jpg]
[signature]
Good report John, sounds like you are getting the hang of fishing Willard. In the past we have caught a lot of fish in front of that channel. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Looks like a good time, Thanx for the report. I've been hoping the wally action would start to pick up soon, last trip out there for us was a skunk. Guess we'll just have to hit it again soon.
Nice report and pics. Looks like you had a great time! It's always nice to see Smiles on the kids faces.
[signature]