Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, Mantua 9-18
My son and I fished Willard this morning from about 7:30 to 3:00 and then we went over to Mantua to see how it was. We fished there for a couple of hours. The fishing at Willard was very slow for the first 5 hours. In fact we didn't even get a bite. We started from the North Marina but stopped in at the south for a break. As we came out of the opening in the dike from the south marina I caught a small wiper. We also noticed other boats catching fish as well as some fishermen on the bank. Soon there were about a dozen boats trolling back and forth in front of the marina. The fishing was good right there for a couple of hours. Most boats were catching fish. At one point my son snagged his lure on the bottom right in front of the entrance to the marina. As we were starting to back up to see if we could get it loose. One of the other boats decided that is was time to leave. They turned and headed out into the lake. They cut right across our lines and cut my line. We got over my son's snag and he pull up someones line with his lure. As he stared pulling in the line off the bottom he noticed an other piece of line laying across the line that he was pulling in. I reached out with his pole and got the loose piece of line and wound it in. It turned out to be my line that had just been cut off. It still had my little wally diver on the other end. The line he wound in didn't have anything on it. We ended up with 6 wipers each and brought 4 home. We let the biggest go so they could get even bigger. I have pictures but I can't seem to resize them so that they will post. Mantua was slow for us we couldn't seem to find the fish. We did catch a few bluegills, a small bass, and a large perch(11 1/2").
[signature]
Sounds good. Its nice when they start to hit. Too bad some people have no real sense of others. I don't think they bother looking around, and they didn't mean to cut your line they just assume that there is no one within their vicinity. The last time I was there there was not many people on the lake but there was someone who would find someone else trolling and run their boat right over their lines behind them. I told my friend look at that guy riding the other persons lines and next thing I know he is riding my butt. He was not to the side but driving right over the top of our lures.
[signature]
Here are the pics.
[signature]
Here are the pics.
[signature]
Nice perch and report . I may go to willard next week . Hope the bite holds on a little longer .
[signature]