Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teton River-Report
I hiked into the Teton Canyon on Saturday morning. It was raining and snowing early in the morning but then the sun came out and I had one of my best fishing days ever.

I was using rainbow colored jointed rapalas. I ended up catching 32 cutts/cuttbows. Most of them were between 10-14" long but I caught a few in the 16-17" inch range. The bigger fish were very fat and put up a really good fight.

I saw a family of river otters one of them was showing off a 12" cutthroat that he had in his mouth.

The only bad thing was I lost track of time and ended up at home three hours late.[pirate] It was good to see Fight4not and his friends there. I will let him report on his success. He fished a little different area then I did.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
Well, I too went up to the teton on Sat. It was freezing cold and wet. I thought that we were crazy for going but when I saw that windriver was there I thought well at least we aren't the only ones. I went with my brother in law, his friend, and Irvman. We fished mostly up stream to the little dam. I had never fished that section and I knew that windriver was fishing from deep in the canyon up to the plant, so we decided to try that section out. It was pretty good. I think every body caught 15 to 25 fish each. We used different rapalas for most of the day. We also tried some worms in the deeper holes. It was pretty productive. All in all we had a great day. Some of us had a better time than others. I will tell you one thing that those rocks are slippery when wet!!! I must have slipped 3 or 4 times and actually did a belly flop one time. That was not too fun. I know we all had our share of bruises after that day. We too, like windriver didn't have a watch we got home about two hours after we told our wives. That is not a good thing for all you that haven't done that before. I will make sure I remember my watch next time.

Fight-4-Not
[signature]