Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under water cameras?
I own an AquaVu and it can be lots of fun and also very frustrating. I thought that I would be able to merely drop it over the side of my boat and see fish swimming everywhere. The first place I tried was Strawberry, and I had the same experience as you did. During the summer one can proably see at the most two feet through the water at Strawberry. It is a highly productive water, and I guess that is what is floating in the water. Where I have had the most fun is ice fishing with mine. You can line it up and see your lure and a fishing partner's lures simultaneously. The water gets much clearer in the winter at many lakes (but definitely not all). A couple winters ago I had a great day at Strawberry with an AquaVu set up down about 15' and in line so both of us could see our lures while fishing in an ice shack. In the winter one can see through at least 6 - 8 feet of water at Strawberry. We caught fish after fish as we watched them bite our lures. One challenge is getting them lined up to see your lure. At least some of the newer ones have a device that indicates the direction they are pointing. That would be really nice. I even purchased the attachment to allow me to hook it to my downrigger. I found that was a major undertaking, and only tried it on one fishing trip.

Kent
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Under water cameras? - by RainbowSparkle - 12-17-2002, 02:49 AM
Re: [RainbowSparkle] Under water cameras? - by kentofnsl - 12-17-2002, 04:42 AM