Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube Dude bought me lunch
[size 2]Went to Arizona to see family this past week and while I was there I met up with tube dude. He took me to lunch and then to his home to show me his home made lures. Let me tell you this, the stuff he showed me was some of the best looking lures I have ever seen. He showed me how to make them and it seemed pretty easy. He showed me his book he published but I did not have time to read it. He has fished with many people and was defenitly the first person in a tube. I seen a picture of him and his tube before they made color pictures. He even helped Riess Stine of channel 2 with a fishing show way back in the 80's. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met. He also sent me home with probably $50 dollars worth of fishing jigs. Can't wait to try them out. I am definatly in debt to you. Thanks again.[/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I have found out that every person I have personally met from this board are; as Predator says, top notch people. We may not act that way all the time but I believe all of us are looking for the same things. Good people and good times to share them with. I'm glad your trip turned out to be a positive experience and am happy you had the same experiences I have had.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] It was a pleasure meeting you, RBS. Too bad the timing and circumstances didn't permit some time on the local waters together. Maybe next time. The invitation is always open.

Can't say that about my favorite Chinese restaurant now. After you cleaned out their buffet they won't let me back in LOL.

Did you get any more elk footage in Flagstaff on the way back? And, how was the train ride?
[signature]
[size 2]I did not see any other elk or deer. The kids loved the train ride! On the way home we did witness a big rig roll on its side and was the first on the scene. The driver was ok and then after we gave our report to the police headed down the road and 5 minutes down the road we just missed a doe being hit by a truck. There was hair flying every where. Pretty exciting! Can't wait to go fishing with you Tube Dude. Next time I come down I will schedule some time to fish. Thanks again for every thing![/size]
[signature]
ill vouch for tube dude and his hospitality and expertise. i spent some time with him on the waters down there in february of this year. and a heads up because we are coming down for prime time next year. thanks for your contributions that are so open to anyone.
[signature]
[cool] Don't know what your schedule is, but "PRIME TIME" would probably be from mid-April through about the first of June. Then, it gets H-O-T...and I don't just mean the fishing. But, as Joan of Arc once said "It's a nice dry heat."

I know you like to both hike and stream fish. Maybe you can plan a trip into one of the remote canyons on the Black River in May. Fantastic water for smallies and some nice rainbows in the upper reaches. It's on the San Carlos Indian Reservation and definitely does not get beat up too bad.

It will be good to see you again. But this year let's stay away from the deep sand and rising water on Lake Pleasant. Got better things to do than dig out stranded idiots when there's fishing to be done. Cost me $800 to fix my tranny after that one.

If you are able to hit it right, we should be able to rack up at least ten species within two or three days. The yellow bass will be ganged up and we can expect hundred fish days easy. Need to get some more pics for your portfolio.

COME ON DOWN.
[signature]
that sounds like a plan. and for pulling the mindless idiots out i can do without it. not to mention we had a drunk driver hit us on the way home from one of the creeks we were fishing. we were debating the black while we were there but just didnt have the time to get there. i would like to go up there when we go again sounds like a great place. we will be going to east clear creek for some browns also. my uncle fished it when he lived there. pending there is water still in the creeks of course. and saguaro or roosevelt or any of the chain of lakes off the salt would be great. ill look forward to the coming spring and coming back down to one of my favorite towns.
[signature]