Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Tiger Musky Update 23-25 Sep 2005
Was able to get out Fri. Sat. and Sun. a.m.
Picked up 2 Tigers Fri. off of Browning Point. Both around 30".
Picked up 1 tiger and one carp trolling east of Browning point on Sat. The tiger was about 30" and had a "split lower Jaw". A very curious site as the 2 jaw pieces just kind of flopped around. It looked like he had this for quite a while, as there were 2 small bulbs that were growing on each jaw piece. This was the biggest one of the weekend and he had some girth.
On Sunday I got nothing, however 2 guys I know were walking the shore from the 5900 East street access Road around Browning point. They had caught 2, one being close to 40", the other 30".
The fish I caught were on fire tigers and perch, J13. The guys from shore caught them on a fire tiger and clown. All fish were caught before 1100 hrs.

Will try and get out this week one evening.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]Great reports ... It is exciting to see reports like that this time of year. Guess I'll just have to get out there and give it a try myself.

As for odd things go with musky catches, my wife caught one that had a lump in it's mouth that was the size of a golf ball. It was made of skin and jaw tissue. My guess was that it was a lure that the skin had grown over. The musky could not come close to closing it's mouth all the way. I felt so bad for him but didn't know what to do. Heck, I even had visions of taking him to a vet. (No I ain't a tree-huggin liberal. I just hated to see him in pain). But I just set him free back into the lake. Here is a picture. Look close and you will see the big raw sore: [/font][/size]

[inline Mouth-400.jpg]
[signature]