Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9-28-05 Sweeeet
I went out today with my friend. We launched out of the North marina around 4:30 cause the south marina is now closed for the season. When we turned left out of the marina and headed south I hooked up where you pass the little island. For the next few hours we kept getting bites. I ended up up with 3 wipers none bigger than 19 inches. My friend ended up with a catfish and a carp. He also had a wiper and when it got to the boat it spit the hook. My friend lassoed the catfish, It was funny cause he thought he had a bite but I think the fact that the line wound around its dorsal fin and pretty much hog tied it it could not fight much. He also snagged a carp that weighed in the 10 lb range.

All in all a very good day at willard. Oh and I haven't been skunked in the last 4 trips. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. [pirate] Sorry no pix but my camera is in the crapper.
[signature]
Thanks for the report John. Good to hear you were able to catch some wipers. Have you been up on the Bear since you installed the FFer?
[signature]
No I was going to go up to the bear but my friend wanted to go try for some wiper. My friend went in on a park pass with me. I will be going sometime soon. Possibly if you want to go give it a shot we can take my boat up there sometime. I don't have too many people that go with me and sometimes I am hunting for a partner cause I don't like to go alone.
[signature]
Sounds good John, I'm going muzzle loading deer hunting this weekend but after that we should be able to give it a go. When I use to fish the Bear a lot, the fishing always got better later in the year as the fish ate every thing they could before the winter.
[signature]