Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard
After a very frustrating morning I finally made it to Willard for my first time ever. Started out late because I had some people over last night that didn't know when it was time to leave. Headed out, gassed up, then a lady pulled up next to us and pointed out that one of our tires was quickly going flat.
A tire change later and we were on the road. Got to the marina only to find the battery on the boat almost dead, not enough to crank the motor, but luckily enough to lift the outdrive so we could pull back out.
$30 at the Flying J for jumper cables and some time later charging the battery from the truck battery......I think we finally hit the water around noon.
Again, this was my first trip there, so we had no idea what we were doing or where we were going.
Trolled around forever trying different lures. I was in the middle of a nap and finally got a hit. Lucked into a fish, and it was a good one!
Brought that one in and one more before it was dark and time to go.
Top it all off with a nasty ride home as I-15 was narrowed down to 1 lane with road construction.
At least I can now say I have caught wipers. Still not sure what I'm doing there, but it was fun.
First one was about 21", second was about 14".
[signature]
Not a bad Wiper for your first one. Willard can be a little tough to learn, but when you get her figured, you can do pretty well.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Sounds like you definitely earned those wipers. Thanks for the report.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Willard is a very hard place to learn. Somedays you have catch a bunch, and the next day nothing. Just keep going and trying different things and I'm pretty sure you will develop a pattern that will work. Nice wiper for being your first one.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]