Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skining cats
Just wondering how do u guys skin the cats? Once somewhere in the fishing maz, I saw a story on one guy who used to skin and clean the bullhead without any knifes, done it all by hand. I'm not remembering the whole story that I read 20 years ago but I still remember only that part "No Knifes Cleaning Bullheads".
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]What the heck did that guy use.....his teeth????That would be pretty interesting to see though. I usually do it with a knife.[sly][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
If you plan on skinning it for the purpose of cooking it whole then I could see your point. Otherwise it is much easier to fillet it just like other fish. That enables you to rid it of skin and bones.

Check out this helpfull link on filleting.[cool]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fish_and_Game_Recipes_C65/Fish_recipes_F116/Filleting_your_fish_P176324/"]Filleting your fish.[/url]
[signature]
I USE A HUGE NAIL, LIKE A RAILROAD NAIL,THEN NAIL THAT SUCKER'S HEAD TO A TREE , THEN YANK HIS SLIMY SKIN RIGHT OFF OF HIM.
[signature]
I used to do it that way too, but later years found that filletting them and laying them on a flat board skin side down and skin them was much faster.

I do use two knives, one to cut the skin and fillet and another to skin.
[signature]
I also preffer the fillet and skin method. I fancy boneless and skinless fillets over picking bones out of whole cooked fish.

Besides, it is easier to use many of the recipes by using the bonless,skinnless fillets.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile] Are Cats good eatin?..what do they taste like?
[signature]
Broiled, Baked or Fried. Catfish are very good eating. You can even make a good fish chowder from the boneless fillets.

Catfish taste varies depending on the water that they come from. This can be corrected and nuetralized by soaking the fillets in milk for a couple hours before cooking.

After that, the catfish will taste like any other white fish meat.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile]Excellent..thanx Tuben2
[signature]
There aint nothin much better than a kat fish fry....
Have own plate and fork will travel...[Tongue]
[signature]